In today’s business world organizational change is a requirement for success. Organizational change is needed to address innovation, new technology, shifting customer demands, and other business critical issues.
However, organizational change is not a “human resources thing”. It is the matter of owners, leaders and employees. They all have a stake in the change.
Ingredients for a successful change
- Have a vision
- Have a communication strategy
- Stay close to the human side of change
- Measure results as the change occurs
- Make adjustments
- Stay involved
- Get ready for the next change
Change in inevitable
Being able to adapt and respond effectively in a constantly changing world has become a necessary skill. One that we can enhance and develop once we understand what goes on, on a personal level, when we are faced with change.
Have a Positive Orientation Towards Change
- Know what you cannot control in a given situation
- Recognize that disruptions are a natural response to change
- Be creative and look for the opportunities that change creates
- Utilize your personal resources and strengths to actively do the best you can
Are you ready for a successful change?